Ever wanted to learn to play the didgeridoo?
“It is a lot of fun learning and playing together and very much deepens our connection to the land, Aboriginal culture and Nature”
You will learn all aspects of Didjeridu playing, including:
- Circular Breathing
- Bird and Animal Calls
- Various Rhythms
- Songs and the History behind the instrument.
- How to achieve the basic drone and most resonant tone
- Circular Breathing-various learning techniques for achieving the constant drone-exercises with and without the didjeridu
- Vocalisation-Bird and animal calls,(imitation of nature)
- Gender issues and cultural sensitivities of playing the instrument
- Differences in regional styles from around Australia
- Foundation rhythms
- Musical expression-(Individually or in groups).
- Methods of improvisation
- Care and maintenance of your Didjeridu
You will be provided with written notes, and a didgeridoo to use during the lesson. You are also welcome to bring your own.
What to bring
- Your Didjeridu – if you have one already
Term Dates and Fees
Fees: Please see our Term Dates & Fee Schedule
Location: Classes are currently held at our Beaufort St Studio
Period: Term dates follow WA public school terms dates (unless otherwise advised).
If you wish to attend please register your interest and please let us know if you need a Didjeridu on the day.
About the teacher
Julian has been playing for 20 years and mainly plays for healing and ceremonial purposes. Julian’s music is inspired by the land, nature and from the Aboriginal people he has met and played with.