- This event has passed.
Wellness, Eating for the Season and Ayurveda
August 16, 2014 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pmPay as you wish
SMV/Annalakshmi Culinary Science presents a seminar on Ayurvedic thought on Understanding Wellness and Eating for the Season.
Ayurveda is the Indian system of Holistic Medicine, offering life style knowledge to maintain balance of Body, Mind and Spirit.
This interactive seminar will explore the Ayurvedic definition of different body types and the experience of a self- assessment tool that will throw light on strategies to maintain the state of Wellness.
- “Understanding Ayurveda- Taking control of your Wellness” by Roopa Rao, BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery). Ayurveda Co-ordinator, lecturer and Supervisor at Australian Institute of Holistic Medicine
- Roopa explains the Ayurvedic thought, on the relationship between the Energy in the Universal body and the human body. How change in one influences the other.
- Roopa will guide participants through a self- assessment tool that explains this relationship
- “Eating for the Seasons with Ayurveda” by Neerja Ahuja, Director and Principal Consultant of Ayurveda Awareness Centre
- Ayurveda emphasises on proper eating habits to prevent the onset of diseases and for the maintenance of a healthy lifestyle.
- Participants will learn how to eat for the seasons, according to their body type and the natural digestive cycles. Followed by question and answer session.
Date: Saturday 16th August.
Time: 1 PM -2.30 PM
Venue: 16 Mint Street, East Victoria Park.
Cost: Pay as you Wish.
- Coffee, tea, spices and herbal drink will be made available.
- Venue requirements: participants to leave foot wear outside the hall.
Click Here to Book Now!